Friday, July 24, 2009

never enough hours in the night

Ive been so ridiculously busy with what seems like no achievements. School has got me playing catch up every single day after long, boring nights slanging coffee and pancakes. Im taking 2 summer classes, six weeks long. my humanities teacher has us read one epic poem or ancient classic per night in order to keep us up to pace. really, I'm not reading everything... Not to mention (though I just did) the 7 page research paper we have to squeeze into that, also. I'm just counting the days til this hell-course is over so I can get back to important things like crafting!

I have found time in between being a slave to the structure of society to do some knitting. Ive been holding off on bead work for a few months, just because of frustration and lack of adequate supplies. My home was also in need of some serious organizing before I could extract any more great ideas out of me. I'd say were 77-80 percent there. but I digress. my real only accomplishments lately have been a couple of knitted wallet/coin purses that amazingly double as ipod pouches. This creation actually happened as an accident. Or rather it didn't start out as a pouch. I was initially knitting an armband pocket but when I finished the knitted piece, I noticed it could be folded into a very cute wallet sized pouch. Then I ran and found my ipod to see if it would fit and it was a perfect match. What a great day that was.

I used that idea to make three styles so far.


This adorable blue one is made with 100% cotton and an embellishing yarn of little blue baubles. It's incredibly soft! It closes with a wooden button. This actual pouch is not for sale. My cat Luna has claimed it as hers (she does this weird face rubbing ritual with it) I'm in the process of building an exact copy and posting it on my etsy.




This green one is slimmer. Its made from acrylic yarn and I padded the interior of the pocket with a pink polka-dot fabric. I haven't yet found a button worthy of adorning such a cute pouch.












Here is the one that started it all. This is made from pastel colored 100% cotton yarn. the pattern makes a cute tie-dye design. I used Velcro as the closing mechanism. no real reason why, but it makes for a cute wallet style pouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment