Wednesday, April 22, 2009

fruit baskets and flowers in the spring time

so much has happened since my last post! Lately I've been designing a spring collection with vintage Lucite flower beads. So far, there are a few earrings done, planning some bracelets and small chain necklaces timing goes well.


I have been keeping myself busy making ear wires; I have a couple very cute styles now. Sterling sliver is pesky to form but oh-so pretty in the end, I'm oxidizing select pairs for the blackened look too. I've just been getting completely lost in crafting lately, trying all kinds of different things. I think Chris is getting a little annoyed with all my experiments around the house.

The intergalactic bead show came through my town this month too. It was a weekend event and luckily I caught the listing in the paper on sunday, the last day. I found some amazing beads, like these glass fruit beads I made this bracelet out of!
( iv'e also changed the sizes of my photos so that your computer doesn't explode while loading them :] )



$20




Beads Beads Beads!

Chris and I went to the bead show together, or rather he took me to the bead show. They even made him pay admission just to accompany me while I rummaged through beads, hahaha. You really have to go to those things with lots of cash; my $80 only purchased me a portion of all the beautiful beads I wanted to take home. All the people there, selling and shopping, were really odd and interesting, we fit right in! I was probably the youngest person there, I wonder why more young folk didn't go to this thing...

The first stand we stopped by belonged to this couple who had been together, making lampwork beads, since the 1970's! There was an old photo hanging on the stand with the two of them with hippie tresses, it made me think about how me and Chris would look 30 years from now, and wether I'd still be making jewelry.



No comments:

Post a Comment