Sunday, February 22, 2009

christina's necklace


This is something I made for a very special lay-day christina!
This is my nicest piece, a double-strand silver necklace with bits of green and brown all over (just like the man asks ;)

Christina is this amazing girl that visits me at my job in the wee hours of the night and keeps me company. Feb. 14 was coming around the corner and her boo had the idea to have me make her something BEAUTIFUL. After I got the request, we (christopher and I) set out to find the perfect green and brown beads for this missy. Peridot glass with laser beam reflections hang on one strand with round tiger-eye beads that my boyfriend happily picked out! The amber czech glass mimicks the natural tiger-eye in a funny way. Different, small glass beads of emerald and lime complete the way to the huge tiger-eye drop. The whole necklace is held together by a sterling silver link at the center. Symbolically enough, this was actually the last piece of the necklace I needed (so me and chris rushed out on the vespa to find it!)

I was very happy with the outcome. and so was christina. which makes all the time put into this totally rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment